So recently I have discovered my obsession for shoulders and arm day…… Just ask my best friend. I’m always throwing something in to change the workout up or hit a different arm muscle in a different way. And I’ve slowly been noticing results! Progress is slow, but so addicting. I like to alternate my arm day doing shoulders and biceps and then my full arm other times. so I thought I’d walk you through one of my arm day workouts!
- Dumbbell lateral side raises 4×10
- Dumbbell lateral front raises 4×10
- Dumbbell shoulder press 4×10
- To change it up I will add every other time 3×10 Arnold presses for fun.
- Straight bar overhead press 4×10
- Rear delts lateral side raises 4×12
- Shrugs 4×12
- Dumbbell bicep curl 4×20 so ten on each arm
- Hammer curl 4×20 ten each arm
- One of my friends recently introduced me to Spider curls and I AM ADDICTED so Spider curl 4×12-15 both arms at once
- Bicep curl with machine 4×10
- I like to throw concentration curls in every other time and I do 4×10 with those slowly or preacher curls where I use a bench and rest my arm against it and do 4×10 each arm.
- Bicep curl with bar 4×10
- Overhand bicep curl with bar 4×10
- Dips 4×10
- Skull Crushers 4×10 I alternate with side skull crushers too which I notice hit my triceps a bit more than regular skull crushers do.
- Tricep pushdowns with cable 4×10
- tricep extension machine 4×10
- tricep dumbbell kickback 4×10 on each arm
- overhead dumbbell extension 4×10 I usually just hold one weight with both hands instead of two separate lower weights
These are my main workouts for arms, but I do sometimes throw different exercises in just to be different and to try something new. I usually break it up as well where I do shoulders and biceps one day and do triceps with chest. I have done biceps and triceps before and given shoulders a day of their own and once in a while I’ll hit arms and shoulders, but I usually like to break them up.
I will also break up my reps sometimes and somedays do heavier weights and lower reps and other days do lighter weights and higher reps, but my 4×10 is my basic rep set usually.
Let me know if this was helpful and if you’d like me to post my basic workouts for the other muscle groups!!! 🙂