Everyone looks forward to the summer months: the sun shining, the warm days, the afternoons by the water, the free time, the adventures, etc. Seize every moment and live fully this summer! Go on as many adventures as you can little or big, try new things, hang out with friends and just soak up the days when the sun is shining and we are all happy and content. Summer is a time when we all get super motivated to do things as well. Our motivation is through the roof when the sun is out. EXCEPT when it is really warm and we just want to tan and soak it up like a cat. 😉 But besides that.. I feel like summer people become new people, new energy, wanting to move and experience new things. What are some things you want to do this summer? What are ways you are going to seize the moment? Start making a checklist! Put down any ideas or new places you want to try. No new thing is too little because you can’t bash anything until you’ve tried it once!!! So I thought it would be fun to share a summer list of mine… Some of my goals this summer to help me seize the moment and enjoy all the sun and adventures I can! Xo
- Day Trips Out Exploring- What better way to spend the summer than outdoors soaking up all the beautiful sunshine and sights! Plan day trips to do this! Go hiking, take a picnic, go to the river, the lake the ocean. Spend time enjoying all the natural beauty around you and don’t take it for granted! I live in an area where, lucky me, if I drive about an hour in each direction I can go explore somewhere beautiful in my state! SO I want to go to the ocean, the mountains, waterfalls, explore some new lakes and bodies of water I haven’t yet this summer! AND find adventure buddies to go with me!
- River Days- I can’t wait for the river days to be back. Going as much as I can to our local river and my special spot I love with my dog Melbourne. My plan is to get out and soak up the sun in that spot as much as I can!
- New Food Spots- Discover new food carts, new breweries, new restaurants….. Branch out and try new food with new sceneries! You might be pleasantly surprised by discovering a new meal or dish you are obsessed with! I am already scoping out fun little café’s around town I want to try! Make a list and then make note if you really like the environment and food so you can go back again.
- More Live Music- There are so many opportunities to listen to live music over the summer! Outside concerts, restaurants, wineries…. Make an evening or afternoon of it! Bring friends, food, and drinks and just enjoy the live band and energy all around you. I am hoping to this summer go for winery days where there is live music so I can make a day out of it. There are local wineries that during the summer every Friday evening have live bands. So I am packing the cheese and crackers and going!
- VACATION! Day trips are fun and all, but summer is the time to travel! To go new places and explore. Learn about different cultures and soak up all the traditions you can. Plus eat as much amazing food as you can handle! Do any of you have any fun trips planned for the summer? Any super exotic places? I am planning two bigger trips this summer hopefully! I want to visit New York and then return to Greece. The trips are in the making!
- Catch up with FRIENDS! I feel during the summer is such a great time to catch up with friends you haven’t seen in a while. The weather is nice so you can plan day trips, outdoor adventures, etc. You aren’t confined to maybe a restaurant or inside all the time. You can get out and about!
Seize the moment though! We should seize the moment every single day, every single second, but somehow in the summer it is so much easier to do so! So make your lists and DO THEM! Live in the moment and enjoy every memory you make this summer and then try to carry that happy live in the moment vibe throughout the whole year! Happy Monday everyone. xoxo
Photo by Stephan Bullard